Warminster Soccer Club Safety Expectations & Requirements
- Please reference the Warminster Soccer Club COVID Safety and Action Plan for detail on phases within the Green County designation.
- On July 1st, 2020, the Pennsylvania Department of Health issued its universal masking order. We support this order and are obliged to comply. Participants are not required to wear masks during training or competition.
- Sports-related activities in green phased counties must adhere to the gathering limitations set forth by the Governor’s Plan for Phased Reopening – currently this is 250 max for outdoor gatherings.
- No coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer can attend practice if they are feeling sick. No exception. Temperature self-checks should be done prior to each practice or game.
- If a coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer receives a positive COVID-19 test or has had direct contact or exposure with an individual who has received a positive COVID-19 test they must quarantine as required by the CDC/PA Dept. of Health for a minimum of 14 days. If such action is necessary, the coach will immediately notify a member of the WSC Board of Directors to assist in contact tracing.
- In accordance with the July 2nd, 2020 PA Department of Health recommendation, any individual, including coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer, returning from a state with high numbers of COVID-19 cases should self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania and prior to any sanctioned team activity. A list of states to which the quarantine recommendation apply can be found on the PA DOH Travelers Information Website.
- Keep accurate records of those participants and approved volunteers who attend each practice or game in case contact tracing is needed.
- As participants arrive, ask how they are feeling. If they are ill or appear to be ill, send them home. Parents will be instructed in a similar manner.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained at all times, where feasible.
o Coaches should mark off space using cones or other suitable place markers to create individual areas for each participant and their equipment that is at least six feet from the next participants’ space. No participants or their equipment should be sitting together in a group.
o Social distancing should be maintained on the sidelines for all games.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Make sure to emphasize to all participants the importance of washing hands or using hand sanitizer before, during, and after competitions or practices.
- Each coach is required to carry a medical kit or bag equipped with gloves, extra face covering, sanitizer and facial tissues. Only one coach may attend to an injured player during which they must wear facial covering and gloves.
- Coaches, trainers or other approved volunteers are required to wear face covering at all times when 6 foot social distancing is not possible.
- Participants/players may wear face covering during active training at their discretion but must wear face covering when not engaged in soccer activity and 6 foot social distancing is not possible.
- No unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- Avoid activities involving lines in order to maintain social distancing in training.
- Consider conducting workouts in “pods” of same participants always training and rotating together in practice to ensure more limited exposure if someone develops an infection.
- Only coaches may touch or move equipment.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment after training.
- No shared scrimmage vests or pinnies allowed. Coaches can request participants to bring a white and dark shirt to each practice or teams may elect to purchase pinnies that each participant keeps, takes home to clean and brings back for each practice. No sharing of pinnies, equipment, or clothing.
- All water or related liquid brought by team participants must be labeled to reduce risk of accidental shared use.
- No spitting.
- Remember that parents determine their child’s participation – if they are not comfortable returning to play under these requirements, they should be allowed to return when comfortable without repercussions.
- Please allow for the team before you to exit the field prior to you entering, social distancing needs to continue to be maintained as teams transition within the facility.
For Parents/Guardians (A family’s role in maintaining safety guidelines for themselves and others):
- Monitor your children for any signs or symptoms of sickness prior to any sporting activities. Temperature self-checks should be done prior to each practice or game. If a participant has a temperature, they should not play.
- Participants should have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and no known exposure before sending him or her to training. Participants who are sick or showing symptoms must stay home (if there is doubt, stay home).
- A participant who has received a positive COVID-19 test or who has been exposed to an individual with a positive COVID-19 test must quarantine as required by CDC/PA Dept. of Health for a minimum of 14 days and can only return to training with doctors approval provided to the club and team in advance of the return. If such action is necessary, parent/guardian will immediately notify the team OR member of the WSC Board of Directors to assist in contact tracing.
- In accordance with the July 2nd, 2020 PA Department of Health recommendation, any individual returning from a state with high numbers of COVID-19 cases should self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania and prior to any sanctioned team activity. A list of states to which the quarantine recommendation apply can be found on the PA DOH Travelers Information Website.
- Individuals are required to wear face coverings in accordance with the Secretary of Health’s order on July 1st, 2020, unless they meet the exceptions under Section 3 of this order.
o Coaches, participants and spectators (if permitted) must wear face coverings, unless they are outdoors and can consistently maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
o Individuals are not required to wear face coverings while actively engaged in workout and competitions that prevent the wearing of face coverings, but must wear face coverings on the sidelines and anytime 6 feet of social distancing is not possible.
- Participants and their equipment will be spaced along the field at 6 foot intervals to help maintain appropriate social distancing when not actively engaged in soccer activity.
- Provide clearly labeled personal items for your participant including hand sanitizer and face covering.
- Disinfect personal equipment and uniforms after each game or practice as needed.
- Direct your participant to never share water, snacks or equipment.
- Only coaches may touch or move equipment.
o Do not assist coaches with equipment at the beginning or end of practice.
o If a ball goes off touchline or end line, allow players or a coach to retrieve the ball.
- Parents make the ultimate decision on attendance and participation – if not comfortable returning to play under these requirements, participants will be allowed to return when comfortable without repercussions.
For Games & Scrimmages (beyond that which is required and described above):
- Participants/Players and approved Coaches will be on the same sideline as their teams spectators.
- Allow teams and supporters at previous games to leave the venue or field of play prior to entering.
- All coaches, participants/players and spectators must wear face covering while traveling between the parking lot and the field.
- Particpants may remove face coverings during active warm up and during the game.
- Coaches and participants should maintain social distancing during half-time, water breaks and at all times when off the field of play.
- We recommend no more than two (2) parent/supporters per player attend each game. It is strongly recommended that anyone over the age of 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions do not attend.
- No post game shaking hands.