Warminster Soccer Club Safety Expectations & Requirements
On November 17th, 2020, the Pennsylvania Department of Health updated its Universal Mask Order & Travel Restrictions. We support these orders and are obliged to comply. The rules and requirements that follow are effective immediately and applicable to all WSC members as well as those visiting our facilities for games, scrimmages, or training:
- All participates, including coaches, athletes, and spectators must wear a face covering, such as a mask, unless they fall under an approved exception in Section 3 of the Order. Face coverings will be required if an individual cannot maintain sustained 6-foot physical distance from persons outside of their household. This includes while actively engaged in practice, warm-ups, games, and on the sidelines, etc. A detailed FAQ around the Universal Mask Order can be found on the PA DOH Website.
- No player, coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer can attend practice if they are feeling sick. No exception. Temperature self-checks should be done prior to each practice or game. Participants should have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and no known exposure before sending him or her to training. Participants who are sick or showing symptoms must stay home (if there is doubt, stay home).
- If a player, coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer receives a positive COVID-19 test or has had direct contact or exposure with an individual who has received a positive COVID-19 test they must quarantine as required by the CDC/PA Dept. of Health for a minimum of 14 days. If such action is necessary, the individual and/or team representative must immediately notify a member of the WSC Board of Directors to assist in contact tracing.
- In accordance with updated November 17th PA Department of Health Travel Order, any individual, including player, coach, trainer or other approved team volunteer, returning from another state must have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth. If such individual cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania. This must be completed prior to returning to any sanctioned team activity. More details on this travel restriction can be found on the PA DOH Travelers Information Website.
- Keep accurate records of those participants and approved volunteers who attend each practice or game in case contact tracing is needed.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained at all times, where feasible.
o Coaches should mark off space using cones or other suitable place markers to create individual areas for each participant and their equipment that is at least six feet from the next participants’ space. No participants or their equipment should be sitting together in a group.
o Social distancing should be maintained on the sidelines for all games - team benches or bleachers are prohibited as they do not allow for proper social distancing.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Make sure to emphasize to all participants the importance of washing hands or using hand sanitizer before, during, and after competitions or practices.
- Each coach is required to carry a medical kit or bag equipped with gloves, extra face covering, sanitizer and facial tissues. Only one coach may attend to an injured player during which they must wear facial covering and gloves.
- No unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- Only coaches may touch or move equipment.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment after training.
- No shared scrimmage vests or pinnies allowed. No sharing of pinnies, equipment, or clothing.
- All water or related liquid brought by team participants must be labeled to reduce risk of accidental shared use.
- No spitting.
- Remember that parents determine their child’s participation – if they are not comfortable returning to play under these requirements, they should be allowed to return when comfortable without repercussions.
- Please allow for the team before you to exit the field prior to you entering, social distancing needs to continue to be maintained as teams transition within the facility and parking lot.
For Games & Scrimmages (beyond that which is required and described above):
- Participants/Players and approved Coaches will be on the same sideline as their teams spectators.
- Allow teams and supporters at previous games to leave the venue or field of play prior to entering.
- All coaches, participants/players and spectators must wear face covering at all times, including during warm-ups, game play and on the sidelines unless they fall under an approved exception in Section 3 of the Order.
- Coaches and participants should maintain social distancing during half-time, water breaks and at all times when off the field of play.
- We recommend no more than two (2) parent/supporters per player attend each game. It is strongly recommended that anyone over the age of 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions do not attend.
- No post game shaking hands.